Mon, 23 May|
Heureka - The Finnish Science Centre
Building a Circular Economy
What's next for circular construction in 2022? Come and hear about current research findings and new solutions from the CIRCuIT, CityLoops and Rapurc projects.
Time & Location
23 May, 08:30 – 15:15 EEST
Heureka - The Finnish Science Centre, Tiedepuisto 1, 01300 Vantaa, Finland
About the Event
What's next for circular construction in 2022? Come and hear about the latest research findings and new solutions from the CIRCuIT, CityLoops and Rapurc projects.
This seminar is for built environment industry experts interested in learning about the latest developments in circular construction. There will be insightful presentations on the opportunities and pathways for cities to increase circularity in construction practices, new opportunities for the re-use and recycling of building components and materials, and innovative solutions for extending the life of buildings.
The seminar will be held in person at Heureka - the Finnish Science Centre in Vantaa, Finland. The coffee and lunch events organized alongside the seminar program will provide a great opportunity to network and meet colleagues at the heart of the circular construction industry.
In recognition of the continued COVID-19 situation, the program will also be available online.
Register for the event via this link . Registration is open until 6 May 2022 .
8.30-9.00 Morning coffee
9.00-9.10 Welcome, short project presentations
9.10-9.30 Current review of the circular economy in construction, Harri Hakaste, YM
9.30-10.30 Theme: Cities as drivers of the circular economy
- Consideration of climate impacts in the procurement of demolition and construction projects in the city of Mikkeli, Ilkka Liljander, Mikkelin Kehitysyhtiö Miksei Oy
- Circular economy criteria in construction procurement. Where to go in the metropolitan area? Tiina Haaspuro, HSY
- Flexibility in building schools. How to combine permanent and temporary? Case study from Vantaa, Kimmo Nekkula, City of Vantaa / Salma Zavari, Vandkunsten, Denmark
10.30-11.30 Panel discussion: How to integrate the circular economy into construction processes in cities?
11: 00-12: 00 Lunch
12.00-14.00 Theme: Demolition, reuse of building components and material recovery
- Presentation of the demolition mapping program ,Kimmo Haapea, Mikkelin Kehitysyhtiö Miksei Oy / Kai Möller, XAMK
- New life for the old bricks of the National Theater in Vantaa and the study of demolished bricks ,Kimmo Nekkula, City of Vantaa / Aapo Räsänen, University of Tampere
- Review of business opportunities , Raimo Lilja, Mikkelin Kehitysyhtiö Miksei Oy
- Reuse of Kiasma's facade panels at Koivukylä's Sorttipienasema & AR implementation of the CIRCuIT project , Jari Virmanen, HSY / Henna Teerihalme, HSY
- Reuse service for demolition and renovation sites in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area ,Jenni Särmä, Helsinki Metropolitan Area Recycling Center
14.00-15.00 Theme: Extending the life of buildings in the heart of the circular economy
- Movable and modifiable warehouse concept ,Jukka Lahdensivu, Ramboll
- Korso School: Carbon Footprint of Renovation and Change of Use Scenarios ,Malin Moisio / Tapio Kaasalainen, University of Tampere
- How do we create an international handprint and learn from each other? Case circular economy Kera ,Rosa Väisänen / Tessa Armor, City of Espoo
15.00-15.15 Summary of the day
Changes to the program are possible.